Who We Are
The National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives� (NAPSRx�) is the United States largest trade association for sales reps, sales managers and sales trainers who work in the pharmaceutical industry. NAPSRx� represents sales representatives who work in the pharmaceutical industry and provides Continuing Medical Education to its members as well as candidates who look to enter a pharmaceutical sales career. The NAPSRx� (National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives�) is widely known for its CNPR� Certification Training Program which provides vocational education for individuals looking to enter a pharmaceutical sales career. It is important for aspiring pharmaceutical sales applicants to include their CNPR� Certification on their resume to qualify for interviews. The CNPR� Certification provides necessary job prerequisites, such as: product/industry knowledge; selling guidelines and regulations; medical terminology; pharmaceutical selling techniques; drug sampling; physician detailing; introduction to pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics. The CNPR� Certification Program is available by correspondence directly through the NAPSRx� or can also be taken at over 300 universities/colleges in the United States.
NAPSRx� Mission Summary:
- CURRENT PHARMACEUTICAL REPS � The NAPSRx� provides industry news, CME (Continuing Medical Education), medical journal updates, recent clinical research, local meeting, conventions, conferences, Career Center, Job Listings, and recruiter contacts to our over 50,000 pharmaceutical sales rep members.
- CANDIDATES WHO WANT TO BREAK INTO PHARMACEUTICAL SALES � The NAPSRx� helps thousands of individuals annually enter a career in pharmaceutical sales. The NAPSRx� CNPR� College Accredited Certification Program for Pharmaceutical Sales provides applicants with the necessary pharmaceutical, medical and science background that pharma companies look for from qualified applicants. The NAPSRx� also maintains an Career Center for entry level candidates where they can find openings with companies hiring individuals with no prior pharmaceutical sales experience.
- PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES - The NAPSRx� provides a network resource to pharmaceutical companies when seeking to hire for pharmaceutical sales rep positions. The NAPSRx� can email job notices plus list job openings to our CNPR Trained applicants and to our over 50,000 experienced pharmaceutical sales rep members. A long list of pharmaceutical companies have utilized the NAPSRx� when they look to add to their sales force. (Past advertisers include: Novartis, Sepracor, Merck, PDI, Pfizer, Schering-Plough, Innovex, Eli Lilly, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Andrx Laboratories, Forest Pharmaceuticals, BIOGEN, Sanofi-Aventis, PD Labs plus many more). Contact us if your company is seeking to hire for pharmaceutical sales.
- RECRUITERS - The NAPSRx� maintains a current list of hundreds of pharmaceutical sales recruiters. The recruiter companies place pharmaceutical sales reps with all placement costs paid by the pharmaceutical company. Recruiters utilize the NAPSRx Career Center regularly as they look for trained or experience pharmaceutical reps.
- PHARMACEUTICAL EXECUTIVE MAGAZINE - Pharmaceutical Executive is the only magazine targeting pharmaceutical reps. With a circulation of more than 48,500, Pharmaceutical Executive is the industries magazine that delivers sales training and education directly to sales representatives, managers, and trainers at nearly 90 leading pharmaceutical companies.
- INDUSTRY LOBBYING - In response to some media reports about the role of pharmaceutical sales reps in the healthcare marketplace, the NAPSRx� has decided to take steps to better educate the public about the role of pharmaceutical sales representatives in the healthcare arena. We have already begun this effort with the following actions: (1) Placement of opinion pieces or editorials in newspapers around the country; (2) Establishment of a task force to meet with other organizations to explore the possibility of an ongoing coalition; and (3) Working with numerous pharmaceutical reps to contact their legislature if new bills are introduced; (4) Hosting of an open forum in conjunction with our annual meeting to discuss the future growth of pharmaceutical sales.
In addition, the NAPSRx� also is involved with many of the industries conferences, conventions, lobbies on bills and regulations initiated by Congress and state legislatures. It is important that Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives stay current with FDA regulations, pharmaceutical legal issues, all new clinical research, understand the pharmacodynamics of your and your competitor's products, as well as business and related practices. The NAPSRx� has initiated continuing education for all its CNPR� Certified Graduates (Certified National Pharmaceutical Representatives� ). The certified representative must take part in 20 hours of professional development or training experiences in each 2-year period after certification. Visit the various links on our website to learn more about continuing education and how to meet this requirement.
The NAPSRx� CNPR� Certification - Entry Level Training Program is the nation's leading service for training non-experienced pharmaceutical sales rep. The NAPSRx� has been highly recommended by pharmaceutical companies to the many individuals who are looking to break into the pharmaceutical sales. The program educates aspiring pharmaceutical sales reps on clinical pharmacology, medical terminology, rules and regulations for selling pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, etc. Successful graduates of the NAPSRx� program will have access to our Career Center where pharmaceutical companies post openings for our members and graduates. If you are looking to gain entry into the industry, the NAPSRx� is the place to start. If you have any questions just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our National Advisory Board and professional trainers have gained valuable experience from companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer, Aventis, Abbot Laboratories, Forest Pharmaceuticals, Wyeth, TAP, Bausch & Lomb, Johnson &Johnson amongst many other major pharmaceutical companies. This expertise allows the NAPSRx� to monitor, train and educate successfully.
Chief Operating Officer
Marketing & Education Manager
Career Center Director
CNPR Education Coordinator